This was my chance to practice my new pieces out, this would probably be my only chance swell, as i only have a few days until assessment, The pieces i used i were not pre pigmented which made it harder and longer to colour, i decide that for my final pieces, i am going to use a pre pigmented pieces. I was really happy with the edges on my pieces, they were easy to blend and look almost invisible..
This gave me a chance to see where exactly i wanted to place my pieces, as they weren’t made to fit the face. I needed to know how many pieces would fit on as for how many to make for my assessment. I Did this makeup on a smaller scale to save money, i didn’t apply all the flat pieces that i wanted to but this gave me a rough idea of the techniques and time i needed.
I started to apply the horns, straight away it was clear that they were too white, they needed to be painted. From research i really liked the woodland effect so i decided i would pant them brown, i didn’t want a block colour, i needed it to be soft looking. I used sculpt gel to stick these to the face, i tried aqua fix and it didn’t work so i am glad i had this practice to make mistakes like this.
I started to practice colouring of the veins, i really liked the idea of protruding veins and vibrant colours but when i tried this i decided it didn’t work, I think the sculpted veins bring enough to the makeup. I decided upon changing the pigment of the veins for my next makeup making the veins more subtle. I also think i used too much red, after researching veins i realised they weren’t red but blue/purple.
Although this wasn’t a full practiced piece, i still got the idea of how it was going to look and gave me a chance to work on technical aspects of the makeup.